Home About Us What We Offer Get Help Pricing Contact Us FAQ Links Site Map
Specialist help for child contact and family issues in UK Family Courts
Court Without a Lawyer.co.uk
Home  |  About Us  |  What We Offer  |  Get Help   |   Pricing  |  Contact Us  |  FAQ  |  Site Map
© 2010

Court Without a Lawyer Community Interest Company. Company no. 7407783

Court Without a Lawyer
A Community Interest Company
Helping you to represent yourself in Court


Application form

for contact drawn

up and emailed to

you for only £25

Derek, a client

Thank you so very much, you provided me with a great start in my fight for my littlens. I cannot thank you enough! They are so much happier now they have almost equal shared care from both me and their mother.”


A High Court judge:

"Mr Barry was granted right of audience, and represented the appellant extremely well. He was articulate and well-prepared. I am grateful for him keeping the strong feelings out of the case."

Andrew, a client

John, i cannot thank you enough for the work you have done for me and your enthusiasm and beliefs for the work you do is probably the only thing that made me carry on .”



Frequently Asked Questions




Wouldn't a solicitor be the best source of help?


Court proceedings are adversarial, and provoke hostility between separated parents. Our aim is to keep children issues out of court, by brokering agreement between the parents - we are pro-active and look more widely than just the legal process.

Solicitors are also very expensive and we think we provide much better value for money.

Many people also prefer to avoid solicitors because they are then in complete control of their case. If you are represented by a solicitor you cannot be sure they will always fully understand your situation and may inadvertently present your case in a less than optimal manner.

When you represent yourself, you always know you have said exactly the right thing to present your case in the best possible light.

But don’t I need to use a solicitor to go to court?


There is no need for most people to engage a solicitor in family law cases.

All you need is good, sensible advice from someone who has experience of the system and knows how to get the results you want for your children.

Don’t worry, if we think you do need to use a solicitor and barrister we will tell you and help point you towards the services you need.

Are you the same Ray Barry who leads the UK “Equal Parenting Alliance” political party?


Yes, that is one other activity that Ray is involved in, for more information see http://www.equalparentingalliance.com

But aren’t McKenzie Friends supposed to be free?


Many people will act as a McKenzie Friend without charge. However, it is not possible to do McKenzie work full-time and still pay the bills! We need to charge a reasonable amount to cover our costs and compensate us for our time.